Monday, May 11, 2009

05/08: Big Lebowskifest, 2009!

Back in 2005, Jeff came up with the great idea to have our ASCE student organization finance a Big Lebowski night. In the end, the night went incredibly well and we drank white Russians, went bowling, and watched the Big Lebowski - all on the department’s tab. Since then, the event has been part of an annual tradition; a tradition that has seen its fair share of excitement. In one year alone, I was part of a wrestling match that took place in the hallways of More Hall, and later that evening (in an unrelated incident) Kyle broke his ankle.

So needless to say, BL Night ’09 had a lot to live up to. And I don’t want to give too much away, but it got a Wii bit out of control.

Björn, Courtney, Ulrika and I had been planning on putting the night together for quite some time, as it is a perfect way to spend a snowy winter evening. However, whenever we started putting the plans in motion, something came up. Finally, months later, we finally agreed on a day, and put the night together at mach speed.

Despite the short amount of time, between B+U’s work friends as well as Court’s and my connections, we gathered up an impressive crowd.

So, what do you get when you take 20+ people?

2 liters of kahlua and 2 liters of vodka?

And Nintendo Wii Bowling?
Well, you get a messy place, broken furniture
And a broken TV.
Ouch, that hurts.
Fortunately for us the person we’re renting from has insurance, and it looks like her insurance covers White Russian Induced Wii Rage (or WRIWR, she had to pay extra for that coverage I’m sure), and hopefully we’re in the clear. We’ll see for sure in the coming days, but regardless in the mean time we’re TVless.

I suppose we couldn’t have expected anything less from Big Lebowskifest 2009!

No comments: