Saturday, August 15, 2009

08/07: En Jätte Rolig Födelsedag

Happy birthday to me. The big "2" "7". Woo. . . Hoo. The day started as normal: work, email, fantasy baseball, etc. After work was all overwith I ran off to meet up with folks at a swanky bar on Djurgården. With the warm weather, clear skies and palm trees, it didn't feel like Stockholm.
Me and the boyz. That's Henning on the left, Daniel (Erik's buddy), Erik, Björn and of course, me.
The ladies:
After a few drinks we headed back to our apartment where we enjoyed frozen pizza, jello shots, and birthday cup-cakes (thanks Courtney!).
The crew was then sweet and sang happy birthday in English and Swedish. Courtney then went to go and pick up my gift from my mom. Courtney had described it as "I don't know if you're gonna like it." My mistake? I believed her. It was a Wii! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! So all of a sudden, a party that didn't have much in the way of plans, got really going.

Björn playing Wii bowling:
Me whupping up my future roomie Henning at Wii golf. (OK, I won by 1 stroke, and it was probably luck.)
In addition to the video games, we played some rousing rounds of drinking games.

Henning and I:
I wear purple, bleed purple, and drink purple! Go-o-o-o-o-o-o school spirit!
Courtney and Daniel discussing that they have similar tastes in head wear.
Björn and Ulrika!
Woooooo!!!! I'm old!!!!!

The games got a bit roudy as whenever someone had to drink Erik (and thus everyone else) started singing "Nya na na-na! Nya na na-na! Hey heyhey! Go-o-o-odbye!" Neighbors be damned!
Courtney showing "Blue Steel"
This is MY model pose apparently:
Henning, Erik and I stayed up late into the night playing NFL on the Wii. Some however weren't in it for the long haul.
The next morning was a little rough for some, but despite the complete lack of planning, it turned into one heck of a party!

1 comment:

dingobear said...

Happy 27 - that looked like some kind of party.

I need to finagle myself a Wii, if only to help me lose some of the pounds I've packed on since coming back to North America.