God bless Googletranslate. It's honestly pretty darn good. It has also resulted in me becoming incredibly lazy with my work emails. At one point I threw an email in there that included the term "FEM analys", and it translated it to "finite element analysis". It's crazy that it would translate something that only a handful of engineering dorks know about.
A similar example of really surprisingly good translation is found below, alongside some really bad and awkward translations.
This came from a work email. The company is hosting a small pub evening in which they will provide food and we pay a really good price on beer. It's a good deal, and a good happy hour opportunity, and basically just another example of how working in Sweden rulez. The event is themed to go along with the Winter Olympics that starts on Friday. Note that they translate OS into "Olympics".
Kommer vi att ladda upp inför OS med mat, dryck, trevligt umgänge, OS-music och givetvis en och annan tävling.
We will upload for the Olympics with food, drink, pleasant intercourse, OS-music and of course an occasional race.
So wait? We're uploading what-now? We're racing what? And I'm having pleasant intercourse with who??? What have I got myself into...
fade and return
9 years ago
1 comment:
Normally I dont question work functions. But....
Post a Comment