
As a last hurrah, Hilde invited us to come out to her cabin near Trondheim Norway. I flew from Copenhagen first to Oslo, then had a few hour layover. In the airport I saw a kiosk selling hot dogs. The dogs were of several different varieties, each named after a different American city or state. At that moment I was so proud of my country.
For Chicago - Kathleen will be proud to have her Polish heritage prominently represented with a Polish sausage.
That all sounds nice and all but in Wisconsin one measly dog is far too healthy. Apparently Wisconsin needs their dogs wrapped in bacon.
The New York one had me scratching my head. Maybe Marc, Jon or Giselle can clue me in about this one, but a hamburger in a wrap?
And then there was the San Francisco one ... with two wieners. Take that how you want to I guess.
Afterwards I hit a flight to Trondheim, then took a bus from the airport to the center and then another bus to the town of Orkanger where Hilde and Katja picked me up in this monster:
I guess Hilde's family bought this old military vehicle back ages ago and they've done their best to keep it running. But yeah, there were the two seats in the front, and then there were two rows of benches in the back facing each other, making for the most comfortable ride of my life (note the sarcasm).
The girls had been out fishing during the day and Katja caught a 3 kg cod (6 and a half pounds) which formed the backbone of our meal along with some potatos and veggies.
It was awesome.
While the food was in the oven I was put to work cutting wood for the fire.
One thing that is really bizarre is just how light out it is at night. This is a photo of what the sky looks like around midnight.
The night ended at this point and we rested up as Darcy was going to be arriving to join us the next morning.
Next Post
No comments:
Post a Comment