USA Trip:
My return to the states and the Mariners Game
Courtney introduces Detroit to Kathleen and me
Wedding in Detroit
Lisa's birthday party and being a Seattle tourist with my mom Complete with an exciting retelling of my thesis defense
Valborgfest (Spring Party) in Lund Swedish students coming out in force to say goodbye to the depressing winter and say hello to long days.
First of many Egypt posts Other posts can be seen by looking in the May tab of the archives
Random stuff around my old flat Hockey world championships and the blind leading the blind
Norway Trip:
Norway - Post 1 See Norway's take on the hot dog
Fishing in Norway
Seeing Trondheim Norway See Jeff's old town from his time in Norway
Soccer match in Norway
Midsummer and the European Championships Just what do Swede's eat when they celebrate holidays?
And now to my update:
I arrived here in Lund way back on August 18th 2007. Since then my adventures here have largely been either solitary or with people I've met since I moved. Exceptions of course are Courtney's 2 weeks here, meeting up with Lisa and Kyle in Barcelona, seeing Tamer in Barcelona and Egypt and of course spending time with family and friends in my 3 weeks back in the States.
Everything indicated that the summer would actually be a pretty slow one, however fortunately, thanks to a lot of hard work by Courtney, she received a fellowship to study Swedish here in Lund for 6 weeks. The timing for her arrival could not have been better. Right now in Lund the town is definitely slowing down as most students have either packed up to their home towns/countries. There are a few exceptions, and thankfully Björn and Ulrika are still here.
At any rate, she'll be taking classes until August 1st, whereas my fellowship will be ending around the middle of August. At this point, the plan is to move up to Stockholm where Courtney will be beginning her Valle fellowship and I will hopefully be getting a job for a consulting company hopefully doing work similar to MKA.
That said, this transition of going from being largely on my own to now having Courtney here makes for the potential for new adventures. One, I'm excited to get to know more about the area around. It's hard to motivate yourself to go out and try restaurants in the area sans girlfriend. Further, there are lots of good day trips and hikes that I haven't had the opportunity to go on.
All this signifies the end of a major chapter in my life. This chapter saw me go from this:

to this:

However, this similarly signifies the beginning of a new chapter. As such, I'm not entirely sure what will become of the blog. I obviously have a tenancy to post stories late. And when they do grace blogspot with their presence they tend to be to a level of detail exceeding the limits of everyone's attention spans.
At the same time, this has provided me a means to write stories that I know would fade from memory in time, and this has become a cherished tool and hopefully a long lasting reminder of my time here.
Courtney's mentioned a few adventures of her own on her blog, and I'll probably be writing things to complement her tales here. Basically what I'm saying is who knows what will become of this here. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment