A few stats for you:
- The submission was accomplished 1041 days since my first research meeting back on December 14th, 2005. This has been 24,984 hours, 1,499,040 minutes, or 89,942,400 seconds. Naturally I was working hard on the project at all times since I began and have only recently slept for the first time in nearly 3 years.
- The entire document length is 407 pages long (counting preliminary pages and appendixes).
- Assuming the document was written during the entirety of my research experience (it wasn’t), this averages to 0.39 pages written/day.
- Two copies of the document were submitted; this with printed drafts, documents printed for research meetings, and other paper material printed throughout my tenure on the project resulted in the deforestation of 20,000 acres of Brazilian rainforest, the extinction of 7 species of beetles and a raise in the average global temperature of 0.093 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In this time I was asked 82 times if I was done with my thesis yet and 524 times about “How’s the thesis going?”
- Upon sleeping for the first time in almost 3 years, I slept 6 and a half hours and had a bizarre dream that I was traveling to Oshkosh Wisconsin with Marc. It may be worth noting that Marc took the form of a Rhinoceros that stood upright and spoke only in puns.
So what’s that you ask? How’s my thesis going? It’s going great! It is done!
And with that, I sign off.
Sincerely,
Blake Doepker, Master of Science in Civil Engineering
5 comments:
The scenario according to Marc:
Byron handed in your thesis, huh? So you made him write it for you:
Blake: "Hey, Nerd. I'm gonna' be in Sweden with my lady. You write this thesis and hand it in, or I'mma gonna' pound your face!"
Byron: "Y-y-yes, sir."
Blake: "That's right, bitch... Don't forget to spellcheck."
That's how I imagine that went down. Am I right?
Congrats!!! I'm just glad you dont have any more phone dates with my besty Laura!
Congratulations, Blake. Have a beer on me in celebration**
**Offer only good for beer purchased with 'Merican dollars on 'Merican soil. And its only good November 12th, 2008.
More like Master of the Universe.
Yaaay! Congrats, B. I am happy for you, and glad I don't need to ask the awkward "so, how's the thesis going?" question anymore :-) I am sure I was responsible for at least 87 of the 524.
That thesis title is one for the ages, though you should've tried to fit in the word "evaluation" at least once more.
Congratulations on finishing the thesis!
Post a Comment