Saturday, April 25, 2009

Awesome Sweden Daily Show Videos!

So someone forwarded this to me, and this is totally awesome. The Daily Show sent a correspondant to Sweden to investigate the future of America after we become ... (pause for effect) ... SOCIALIST ... dun Dun DUNNNNN! It's awesome because unlike most of their bits, Wyatt Cenac was actually here!

In the scenes where he's asking random blond girls about how hard it is to live in Sweden, he's on the street Götgatan (near the metro stop Slussen for those of you familiar). I work right off this street, and our new apartment is just a few blocks away. Also, they show him walking around the Riksdag (Parliament). So yeah, it's pretty awesome. Hopefully those of you who have visited will see something they recognize.

The segment also pays homage to "Baconnaise", a product pioneered by a few folks from Seattle. I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if I will yet but it's good to see some Seattleites making it big.

I'm also very excited because the title of the segment "Stockholm Syndrome" is so obviously a subtle homage to me. I now have proof that Jon Stewart reads my blog! Feel free to leave your comments (that includes you Jon).

If for some reason they don't play then Part I is here, and Part II is here.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
The Stockholm Syndrome
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic CrisisPolitical Humor


The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
The Stockholm Syndrome Pt. 2
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic CrisisPolitical Humor

No comments: