12/18: Flying from Stockholm to Seattle
As it turned out, Pat and I were going to be on the same flight, which was nice because those flights can get a little dull. Also, it was nice to have a shopping buddy. He provided me with affirmation that the following gifts were indeed "must haves" just as the signs suggested. PLUSH HEART-SHAPED "baby love" AND ICE AGE (TM) TOYS FOR EVERYONE!"
We flew Iceland Air, which was a half way decent experience. It was no frills in many ways, but the in-flight entertainment was nice and they arranged a nifty sunset for us on our way to Reykavik before we continued on to Seattle.
After a long flight, I was greeted with the sight of Courtney, and the Seattle adventures began!
12/19: Tumi and Mary Frances' Marriage Reception + BRG's Birthday
As it turned out, Pat and I were going to be on the same flight, which was nice because those flights can get a little dull. Also, it was nice to have a shopping buddy. He provided me with affirmation that the following gifts were indeed "must haves" just as the signs suggested. PLUSH HEART-SHAPED "baby love" AND ICE AGE (TM) TOYS FOR EVERYONE!"
12/19: Tumi and Mary Frances' Marriage Reception + BRG's Birthday
The next day Courtney and I hitched a ride with Kyle to go and attend a reception for Tumi and Mary Frances's recent marriage. Unfortunately I don't have any photos from the event, but it was a great time. We had the chance to catch up with the two of them, drink some delicious beers and eat finger foods, and also catch up with a big group of folks from grad school! All in all it was one hell of a good time. Tumi also wowed the crowd by singing a song he wrote for Mary Frances, and effectively made all the guys in the room look bad by comparison.
Ultimately however we made our exit and headed back to Seattle to go to BRG's karaoke birthday extravaganza. I'm sure there have been hundreds of photos posted by the crew already, so I'll just leave it at these gems:



Eventually the jetlag caught up with me and we scurried back for the night. Though on the way I snapped the following photos of the photogenic Smith Tower.


12/20: Wandering Downtown
Over the weekend Courtney and I meandered through downtown, did some shopping, and enjoyed some unseasonably "not terrible" weather. There's not much more to say than that, however here's a purty photo at Pike's Place Market.

12/23: Wandering the U-District with Ben
Courtney flew back to Detroit to see her family on the 22nd. Meanwhile I stayed in Seattle one more night to catch a ride with old family friends Ben and Kylie the following day. Although it had been a while since I had seen most of my friends and family, it had been ages since I had seen my old childhood and college buddy Ben. He and I have known each other from way back in the day when we toured with Metallica:
In fact, the last time I saw him was when I visited him in Japan in the summer of 2006! Here we are rocking out in a karaoke bar in Tokyo!
Here's Ben: getting paid to teach adorable little kids about bugs.
Here's Ben: getting paid to torture little kids.
Ben and his fiance Yumi!
At any rate, he came in from Japan, and had a scant 8 hours to become reacquainted with Seattle. We elected to go and revisit some old haunts in the U-District.
The Quad!
Beautiful sunset at UW.

Suzzallo library...
George Washington looking on towards the Olympics:
After a couple hours wandering both of our old neighborhoods, and dwelling on old times and old friends, we headed downtown to check out the movie Avatar. Eventually his sister Kylie came and picked us up along with Kitri, and away we went on a late night adventure back to Spokane. We arrived around 4 am, ready to take on the world!
Ultimately however we made our exit and headed back to Seattle to go to BRG's karaoke birthday extravaganza. I'm sure there have been hundreds of photos posted by the crew already, so I'll just leave it at these gems:
12/20: Wandering Downtown
Over the weekend Courtney and I meandered through downtown, did some shopping, and enjoyed some unseasonably "not terrible" weather. There's not much more to say than that, however here's a purty photo at Pike's Place Market.
12/23: Wandering the U-District with Ben
Courtney flew back to Detroit to see her family on the 22nd. Meanwhile I stayed in Seattle one more night to catch a ride with old family friends Ben and Kylie the following day. Although it had been a while since I had seen most of my friends and family, it had been ages since I had seen my old childhood and college buddy Ben. He and I have known each other from way back in the day when we toured with Metallica:
The Quad!
No comments:
Post a Comment