12/24: Christmas Eve with the Broadbents
Our drive back landed us in Spokane in the very early morning of Christmas Eve. Following the trip we all passed out at our respective homes and slept well into the morning. I woke up to greet my family and enjoy a late breakfast.
As part of our Christmas Eve tradition, the Doepker/Hancock Clan headed out to our old family friends, the Broadbents, for dinner and drinks. We've actually been doing this for what must be a decade, however since Giselle hasn't spent a Christmas home since I was like 10 years old, and Ben and I are tough to pin down, this was the first in history to have all 6 kids in one place at one time.
Here's the rare family photo:
The kids:
Our drive back landed us in Spokane in the very early morning of Christmas Eve. Following the trip we all passed out at our respective homes and slept well into the morning. I woke up to greet my family and enjoy a late breakfast.
As part of our Christmas Eve tradition, the Doepker/Hancock Clan headed out to our old family friends, the Broadbents, for dinner and drinks. We've actually been doing this for what must be a decade, however since Giselle hasn't spent a Christmas home since I was like 10 years old, and Ben and I are tough to pin down, this was the first in history to have all 6 kids in one place at one time.
Here's the rare family photo:
12/25: Christmas Day
Christmas we all gathered together at home to open presents and engage in merrymaking. And in addition to having us all in one place, we had a new member of the family, and this one was celebrating her first Christmas in Spokane.
Meet Camille:
Kitri helping Dingo unwrap her Xmas present:
Proof that Dawgs > Ducks.
After all the excitement, Dingo was all tuckered out ...
Mom and Camille:
Later that evening we enjoyed a fantastic dinner courtesy of my Dad. And following that I went off to join up with Gallagher and Drew for a rousing game of alcohol-fueled Apples to Apples. It's what Jesus would have wanted...
12/26-27: My mom's new place at Black Lake
After the dust and wrapping had settled from a very nice and pleasant Christmas the kids all joined my mom up at her recently renovated house on Black Lake. We spent the time up there relaxing, drinking some glogg and enjoying time together in front of the fire. Here's me, the master chef, with my meal:
Unfortunately we only had so much time to spare due to some of the kids' busy schedules, so the next day we departed. However, before we left Byron and I got a chance to use this pretty sweet pneumatic log splitter.
Another rare photo of all the 4 kids:

12/28:

The remainder of my trip home was nice, though not much of note happened. One fun, and oft repeated anecdote was that I went out for beers with Ben and some of his friends. I went to buy a beer for myself and Ben, and I ordered 2 Pyramid Snowcap ales. When I asked how much he just raised 2 fingers. I naturally assumed that meant $2 a piece, but instead it was just $2 total! At this point I exchanged a look with a perfect stranger right next to me and we said in synchrony: "I love Spokane." No joke.
Christmas we all gathered together at home to open presents and engage in merrymaking. And in addition to having us all in one place, we had a new member of the family, and this one was celebrating her first Christmas in Spokane.
Meet Camille:
12/26-27: My mom's new place at Black Lake
After the dust and wrapping had settled from a very nice and pleasant Christmas the kids all joined my mom up at her recently renovated house on Black Lake. We spent the time up there relaxing, drinking some glogg and enjoying time together in front of the fire. Here's me, the master chef, with my meal:
In case you were wondering, I am neither Finnish, nor do I play lacrosse.
Unfortunately we only had so much time to spare due to some of the kids' busy schedules, so the next day we departed. However, before we left Byron and I got a chance to use this pretty sweet pneumatic log splitter.
Me and my bitches:
The remainder of my trip home was nice, though not much of note happened. One fun, and oft repeated anecdote was that I went out for beers with Ben and some of his friends. I went to buy a beer for myself and Ben, and I ordered 2 Pyramid Snowcap ales. When I asked how much he just raised 2 fingers. I naturally assumed that meant $2 a piece, but instead it was just $2 total! At this point I exchanged a look with a perfect stranger right next to me and we said in synchrony: "I love Spokane." No joke.
No comments:
Post a Comment