Monday, May 17, 2010

03/30 - 04/13: Kitri's European Extravaganza

03/30:

Kitri came out to Europe for an extended vacation to take a look at veterinary schools and to celebrate the end of school as well as her recent unemployment. She arrived in Stockholm after a lengthy flight and I met her at the train station.

Sadly much of the time that she was in town I had to work, so my first introduction for her was basically to go back to my office, drop off her stuff and then spin her around 3 times and push her in a random direction. Despite the disadvantage she went out and made the most of her day, which coincidentally happened to be one of the most beautiful days of her Swedish portion of the vacation.

I won’t go posting a bunch of her photos but she did snap a few neat ones. It was cool to see someone else’s perspective on your adopted home city.


03/31:

I have been to the Vasa museum approximately 325,041 times. So although I highly recommend it as a necessity on the tourist tour, I was excited to let her go solo. So after a few hours of work we met down near my office and I walked her to the boat that took her to the island of Djurgården where the museum is located.

Sadly the weather was pretty crappy so her later strolls through the beautiful island and surrounding areas of town were probably less inviting than the sunny day before.

After a full day of work for me we met up and strolled into Gamla Stan for dinner. My office had a big Christmas party at this cool little restaurant and we all got gift certificates of varying amounts. Mine was for 250 kronor (about $30), which covered more than one of the main courses. In the end however they profited greatly from my loose wallet and overall jovial generosity as we included a bottle of wine (unheard of in expensive Sweden) which pushed our bill into the ludicrous range. Regardless it was super tasty, and allowed Kitri to try some Swedish favorites such as köttbollar (meatballs) as well as pytt i panna with some delicious beef.

The following photos are just from their website:

From there we took a quick stroll before heading home.

The rest of the posts can be found in the following links:
04/01-03: Brussels and Bruges
04/03-05: Edinburgh
04/08-13: Kitri Back in STHLM

No comments: