At any rate, I found a golden tickets within a beer I undoubtedly bought for 10 dollars in a pub that promised us a free tour of the splendiferous Carlsberg brewery in neighboring Denmark. Courtney's post can be found here on the same subject.
We then ventured out to the brewery guided by Oompa Loompas through the "Elephant Gate" towards the entrance. We were hopping all over these elephants at the entrance taking photos of each other. Here's me making a strong statement against Nazism:
(The swastika here had nothing to do with Hitler or Nazis. They had plenty of their own beer to drink I think.)
Upon seeing the two of us taking photos of each other a nice guy then offered to take a photo of the two of us. I always regret photos that other people take because I swear they either have a tendency to cut out parts of the monument you're standing in, or in this case include an unnecessary amount of the ground.
Thanks pal. Even after cropping I wasn't a big fan. So I took a photo I took of Courtney and she took of me:

To turn it into this:

But while photoshopping this I found myself with an odd power over proportions, and I thought to myself what would it be like if Courtney was 12 feet tall!

Or what if she was my conscience.

After Courtney returned to her normal size we ventured inside to learn about the history of the brewery and much more importantly do some beer tasting. Our history lesson was cut short as we tried to stay one step ahead of a group of extremely smelly Russian tourists. Seriously, it was awful. I'm sure you'll be able to taste their earthy aroma for months to come in the beer Carlsberg produces.
Towards the end I got a chance to exercise my dream of becoming a beer horse-cart driver.
The tour only includes two beers but we totally tricked them into giving us 37 beers each. Here's Courtney after the episode:
While we were heading out we both totally snuck out a glass. However Mr. Carlsberg and his band of rough and tough Oompa Loompas tossed us out and in the process my glass was broken. Ok, that's not what happened, I dropped it later in the day when I was pulling my sweatshirt out of my bag. Karma strikes again.
At any rate, we hitched a "free" ride on the subway back to the center and met up with Oli and Charlotte for a brief tour of town. Here we are looking towards the new Opera House while standing next to another modern music arts building (next picture).
Afterwards we went out for dinner and drinks.
1 comment:
Haha, what a (probably) hilarious post!
Those Nazi elephants are disturbing.
Post a Comment