It wasn't much to look at architecturally but it had numerous interesting stories. The first few were basically about how it changed from Swedish to Danish and back again several times. Eventually the Swedes converted it into a prison and there were lots of creepy stories about murderers and ghosts and whatnot.
Here's one of the current tenants of the dungeon:
Courtney and I were noticeably frightened.
Afterwards the bus went onto another stop but Courtney and I decided to stay behind and see a little more. Here's the light shining through the stained glass windows in the town cathedral.
We then wandered through town and saw a familiar name:
I'll let Marc comment on if he is a big fan of pink shirts, baseball caps and boat oars.
While we were out we also saw this big beautiful tower that we assumed had to be part of some impressive defensive structure ... as it turned out it was just part of a school. It kind of makes 100 year old L.C. seem a little less impressive:
2 comments:
I love all those things, which is why I opened that store. I figured pink t-shirts and oars would go over well in Sweden, so I put it there. I'm so glad you saw it, and hopefully you bought something and received the Marc discount: the same price, but a fillet of cod, and free "Marc is Great" t-shirt.
For the record, I was going to photoshop a photo of me wearing a "Marc is Great" t-shirt perhaps holding a fish. I however went on vacation and now that I'm back I have a plate full enough that I don't think I can justify breaking out the photoshop.
Just use your imagination though. It would have been awesome.
Post a Comment