Saturday, September 13, 2008

08/31: Cruising


On the 31st, Courtney and I took the bus into town and head to the boat. What Norwegian Cruise Line described as "walking distance from downtown" turned into a trail of tearsesque (Only as opposed to being placed on reservations we were put on a luxury cruise liner) death march through the sweltering heat while lugging our bags. We arrived at the boat, sweaty and weary; this was largely alleviated when we stepped on board and were greeted with a glass of champagne. The following are a few photos from on the boat:
This happened to be one of the calmer moments around the pool as most of the time the area was swarming with all sorts of little Spanish brats. At one point I have to admit that I saw two kids sprint and collide headfirst into each other while I laughed my ass off.

The room below was a bar. They had the Wii hooked up to it a couple hours a day although they didn't have time set aside for the adults so we never had a chance to indulge.
For reasons we don't quite understand, we were listed as part of Norwegians preferred repeat customers or something. So we got invited to this presentation with drinks and a raffle. Here Courtney and I are being big shots.

In typical Blake fashion, we milked the free drinks for all it was worth and had a few cocktails and glasses of wine before lazing around on some of the comfy furniture.

Later, Courtney and I participated in an art auction, which we basically just showed up to for the raffle that followed it. Here Courtney is holding a Rembrandt. "Hmm, yes I will seriously consider purchasing this ..."
Apparently Courtney's and my bad luck canceled each other out and in the end we won a bottle of champagne, a facial (Courtney took that obviously. My complexion is, and always has been perfect) and a piece of artwork which is currently being shipped back to Spokane.

That night we saw the most awful show ever perfromed. Although a white Ray Allen made a cameo appearance in his old Sonics jersey, so that was cool.

We went to this show with some new pals that we met who were from Jacksonville. The two at the show were Mike (a fellow Dolphins fan) and Amy, and we later hung out with their good friends Amee and Carl. 3 actuaries + 1 graphic designer + 2 engineers ... how can you go wrong?

First stop - Malta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of you and Court lounging like big shots is pimp.

Oh, how I miss the cushy life of being a graduate student... (?)