Tuesday, September 30, 2008

09/20: Stockholm

Upon moving up to Stockholm, Courtney and I knew all of one resident. I knew her, and she knew me. That's about it ... so needless to say, the thought of visitors was exciting. Jason was in Europe for business, and his trip conveniently coincided with plans we had of going to Oktoberfest. Not to be left out, Kathleen came out for a much needed vacation.

Jason arrived by train around 6ish in the morning, and Kathleen landed at the airport around 7. I met Kathleen, and we promptly went back to the apartment to relax and rest. After a power nap Kathleen and I went to the grocery store to try and find some stuff for her to eat.

Here's her with her cart. "I can eat that. I can eat that. I can't eat that. That's made out of puppy tears."

Eventually we were able to make it to downtown Stockholm. Here's the crew in front of the Palace.
We had been planning on going a boat tour of the archipelago but the brooding clouds made us decide to put it off until the next day. So instead we headed to go see the Vasa Museum, which is devoted to a warship that sank on its inaugural voyage in 1628. The ship was brought to the surface in the 1960's and painstakingly renovated.
This guy's underwear gives a new meaning to twig and berries ...
Afterwards we headed out for a view of town:

We had planned to go out but all of us were exhausted so we rolled back, watched "Beer Fest" to get amped for Oktoberfest and then called it a night.

Next Post: Stockholm - Day 2

No comments: