I can't do anything about how Uppsala runs their university, but I figure I can help start a grassroots effort to establish a mascot for Lund University. So I put out the word for some nominations, and was able get a few gems, now it's up to you to help decide the appropriate mascot to represent Lund University (poll on the left).
1. Lund University Flatlanders

Nothing makes the people of Skåne more dangerous than being conditioned to living in the harshly flat terrain. Vertical? What's that? Horizontal is all I need. The colors of course would reflect the Skåne flag.
2. Lund University Drizzle

Nothing sums up Lund quite like the wonderful weather. Honestly, I'd rather deal with the Miami Hurricanes than the Lund Drizzle. That drizzle (coupled with boozing and riding bikes) probably accounts for more serious injuries annually in Lund than Miami has seen since Hurricane Andrew.
3. Lund University Giants
What more appropriate mascot could there be than Finn, the Giant? He may have been no match for the superior intellect of St. Laurence, but he should have no problems destroying the best that Uppsala has to offer.4. Lund University Hedgehogs
The hedgehogs were a common nomination. The little guys can be found crawling through the city parks late in the evenings. Below are two variants of the theme. Feel free to voice your preferences, however there is only the one option in the poll (so as to not split, and thus disenfranchise the hedgehog supporters).
4.1 Lund University Fighting Hedgehogs
What could be more intimidating than an adorable little creature with oversized boxing gloves? Honestly, that's a serious question ...4.2 Lund University Blazing Hedgehogs
Assuming we can get away with some blatant copyright infringement, why go any further than Sonic the Hedgehog as our mascot? It sure makes any future photoshopping easy!5. Write in candidates

Feel free to suggest other potential options.
With the grassroots support of my legions of supporters (I hope the 2 of you vote a couple times to make this interesting), we should be able to create a brand new tradition for this 340 year old university. The poll should be just to your left.
Gooooo Flatlanders/Drizzle/Giants/Hedgehogs/TBA?'s! ! !
5 comments:
I was the first to vote! Woohoo! Also- You only included 1 voting option for the Hedgehogs mascot- was that intentional?
Glad to see my girlfriend reads my posts carefully. As I said above, I only included 1 so as not to disenfranchise hedgehog supporters. If that's what you went for you can always voice your preference on the two here in the comments section.
A write in from Jake:
"I wish I would have gotten back to you before you presented the poll for the Lund Mascot...but I have to weigh in considering I played rugby with the Lugi Lions while living there last year. The men's team were the Lugi Lions and the Lady's were the Lioness'. I'm
personally smitten to follow that trend."
I'd go with the blazing hedgehogs, totally love your creation, it looks brilliant Mr. Doepker!
/Gustav
I'm very disappointed in the lack of bear and bear-related logo options. Still, in the spirit of democracy, I promise I will vote often.
PS- your word verification just said something obscene to me
Post a Comment