Saturday, April 26, 2008

01/22: Malmö with Möm

After Paris, my mother stayed with me for a few days before heading off to see Giselle in Germany. I had just taken a lot of time off for Christmas and also for when Courtney was in town, so I couldn't afford many days off, but for one day we went to Malmö. Our first stop was the Turning Torso, which I've written about before.




The building is right on the coast. So we went and walked along the coast line, nearly being blown away by the intense winds and stopped for a coffee to warm up.


After this we took a bus in the direction of the center ... or correction, in what I thought was the direction of the center. In fact I was turned around and we went the wrong way. We asked the bus driver what we should do, and he said to get off and take another bus. We got off at the nex stop, which turned out to be as far as possible from the center. Upon looking at the map we found that if we had just waited maybe 10 minutes, we would have been right where we wanted. Instead we started a long trek back. This is a photo I snapped on the way.


We then made our way through the shopping street and then had a quick beer at Lilla Torg (little square) which is the most charming part of Malmö.

No comments: