As it was late we basically went to Court's folk's place, met their new adorable puppy Izzy. The following are a few from our time there.
A little black fuzzball is hard to photograph:
The Izzy and Drew really look up to Courtney's dad Kevin.
Isn't she cute? This is Court's photo ...
As you can see, the young one is well accepted in the clan.
Izzy quickly established dominance.
The next day Courtney took Kathleen and I on a first rate tour of downtown Detroit.
This is the Spirit of Detroit:
KK and I in front of the Spirit of Detroit! BFF's!
A statue of "The Fist of a Champion", a little homage to Joe Louis.
And a champion he was ... Courtney, Kathleen and myself all thought we could beat him ...
Courtney and I weren't man enough for. Nor was Kathleen, although ...
I think she kind of enjoyed it .?.?.?
Behind us you can see a weird ring statue thing, which was way cool ...
Another slightly different angle ...
Here's the sculpture in full
Looking towards the General Motors Renaissance Center ... some renaissance GM.
Kathleen and I with Windsor behind us.
Looking towards Windsor from inside the Renaissance Center:
Ultimately, the trip home was a quick one as we hopped in the Star Gate that conveniently connected us to Courtney's garage.

That night Courtney's folks hosted a get together with some of Courtney's friends including Laura, Steph and Dale. Courtney's mom, Kim made some spectacular ribs (as appetizers), we played Cranium which Courtney, KK and I proved to have excellent chemistry in, we were video taped (me for an excruciatingly long time at one point) while giving random testimonials, we watched a music special on Keane 10 times, and ended the party the way every party aught to be ended ... by watching There's Something About Mary on TBS or something. The next morning Kathleen had to head back to Chicago while we marched on in search of new adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment