Here's the 4 of us in front of Comerica Park from another angle ...
We then checked out the awesome team store. Here are Courtney and I; Detroit Tiger super fans!
The stadium is adorned with tigers and tigers and tigers, oh my!
If I had to sum up Courtney's dad's personality in a photo ... I'd say this is it (Court has more skill at capturing said personality, so this is hers):
You're a tiger! Grrrr baby yeah!
After we hit the two big stadiums (Ford Field was closed) we went down to the waterfront. In a decent sized city it's quite rare for such big stadiums to occupy such prime real estate in the center, but as we could see while driving towards the waterfront there were numerous old beautiful charming buildings with closed doors. So sad because it seems to have so much potential.
At any rate, Dale and I were looking at the map and Courtney randomly told us to pose. This is more or less what transpired:
Dale: "What do you want us to do?"
Me: "Uhh, I think Sprite is delicious."
After the tour we headed back to Chez O'Neill and we picked up some "spicy" coney dogs. Afterwards Stephanie, Dale, Courtney and I headed off bound for our hotel (courtesy of Chad, thanks) which was right near the wedding (Canton Michigan). I would say something about the bride and groom to be, but I had never met them before the big day. The venue was gorgeous. The ceremony was nice, although the priest was really bizarre.
He basically led us in a prayer to help them to be successful because as he pointed out, rent in Manhattan is quite steep. He also went on some long buzz kill rant about family members of his who had passed away.
Regardless, she was a college buddy of Laura, Stephanie and Courtney. Here are the girls all dressed up.
The evening was spent sprinting between the table for the various courses of food that were served intermittently, to the bar, to the dance floor, to the bar, to the bathroom and so on.
Here's Courtney doing her best "cold doesn't bother me" look.
We caught Steph and Dale as Stephanie was teaching Dale how to escape from a choke hold, a useful skill to know in Detroit.
Chad and Laura:
I call this still life "Table 13".
The only thing that got the girls more excited than the dance floor ...
was the desert buffet.
Courtney and me ...
Courtney and me after someone jingles something shiny ...
The next day we woke up and had a hangover lunch at Max and Ermas and headed back to Detroit. Courtney's folks took us to one of the new casinos where we had a big buffet, we gambled away more money than John McCain at a craps table and Kevin gave us cheat sheets to help dominate at black jack. Eventually we were kicked off the floor for bleeding the casino dry and we called it a night.
The next morning Courtney and I headed out on different flights since I had originally planned to fly to Europe from Detroit but instead had to go back home to defend my thesis (thanks Laura and Dawn). I left several hours before Courtney, but I flew from Detroit to Phoenix to Seattle, a trip totaling in 10 hours, and ultimately we arrived in Seattle around the same time. Huzzahs were in order.
...
Huzzah
No comments:
Post a Comment