Sunday, December 2, 2007

11/23: Thanksgiving Party

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday of the year ... although the 4th of July is up there too, so in the leadup to the Thanksgiving weekend I started having visions of turkey and pumpkin pie dancing through my head. I was actually get a little nervous because I had never seen Turkey for sale, however fortunately about a week before Thanksgiving the grocery stores started carrying them. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not, but I wasn't complaining.

I talked to Evan, and he seemed interested in putting together a meal, however both of us were busy on Thursday, so we decided to instead shoot for Friday. In the end there were 15 of us.
Here's me preparing the turkey ... oh, am I on camera?


Hilde and I working on the sweet potato casserole.




The table spread. Mira is a professional when it comes to lighting.




Left to right, starting in back:
Christina (Ralf's girlfriend), Ralf (roommie), me, Tom, then back up front is Ning (roommie), Katja, Hilde (roommie), Mira (roommie), Derek, Bjorn, Ulrika, Nina and her boyfriend, and then Evan.


The spread included 2 turkeys, 2 different stuffings, sweet potato casserole, boiled potatos, rolls, salad, apple pie, apple cake, and pumpkin pie. Note, when I was making the sweet potato casserole I bought the Thanksgiving games so I watched the Detroit and Dallas games. Here's a sexy picture of me with a turkey leg.








Hurray for tryptophan

No comments: