Monday, December 31, 2007

12/22: Dresden

After Berlin I arrived in Dresden to meet up with Giselle and basically just went back, watched some Lost, and that was about it.

The next day Giselle had to work, so I just killed time wandering around the city for about 2 hours. The city is gorgeous and I was lucky to get a pretty day. Below you can see the Semper Opera House that Giselle performs in:




Some of the surrounding buildings:


Looking around the Zwinger complex. According to 30 seconds worth of research it was finished in 1732, and was intended for use as a courtyard for performances to be surrounded by galleries. In the back you can see quite a few tower cranes from all the rennovations and new construction going on in the city.




The next one certainly isn't my favorite, but you can see the complex better.








Back in the 18th century, all the coolest guys were playing the hand-drum.








This is from a steeple and I thought it looked nice ... but what's with the lizards? Is there something in the scriptures about lizards that I somehow overlooked in my weekly Bible Study?


Another pretty building ...


The Dresden Frauenkirche with Martin Luther standing in front.


Dresden from above:





After Giselle's class we jumped on a train to Prague for the night.

No comments: