So Court was scheduled to arrive at 7 a.m. on the 28th. However, her flight was canceled due to snow and for a while it looked like she wouldn't be able to arrive for a couple days. Fortunately, after a lot of drama she managed to find a flight that got her to Copenhagen maybe 2 hours late. And lucky her, she was able to make the train trip with me to Lund without the inconvenience of carrying her bags since they were lost somewhere in the ether that is Northwest Airlines.
Despite the huge inconvenience, we still went out and saw a little of downtown Lund at night. As far as the main features, you've seen similar photos (more likely haven't) in my Lund at Xmas. One thing that you haven't seen is this:
And no, I don't know what the story with the orange mannequins is.
12/30: Copenhagen
So our day on the 29th was spent just hanging around my apartment waiting for Court's baggage to arrive. When we finally did have someone show up, all they brought was one of our bags. Thanks guys! The following day we got a call saying they had it, and instead of trusting the incompetents at the airlines, we instead went to Copenhagen to spend the day and pick up the bags ourself. We were greeted with a beautiful day.
While walking around the town we stopped for some of the finest of meals that Copenhagen had to offer.
Here I am debating the Scandinavian hot dog dilemma. Big weiner, small buns. (Insert Michael Jackson/Catholic Church joke here).
Courtney and I then went to see the statue of the Little Mermaid, which for being one of the biggest landmarks in Copenhagen, it surely is anticlimactic.
Ok, it's time for me to fess up, I've been dying my hair for the past 6 years.
Here's an old Anglican church near the Little Mermaid.
A statue inside the sculpture museum.
At the end of the evening we went to a theme park in downtown Copenhagen called Tivoli. Around Christmas time they're known for having converting the theme park into a Christmas market. The lights are pretty incredible and are responsible for 1/3 of the worlds emissions.
3 comments:
Even though it's probably of higher quality and tastes better than an American hot dog, I think I'd have a hard time eating the Swedish hot dog in the picture above.
Yeah ... they kinda creep me out. I wouldn't so much say that they're of a higher quality either. Despite all our differences, some things never change. A hot dog is a hot dog.
Post a Comment